June 2015 saw Foseco have its biggest ever stand at the GIFA exhibition held in Düsseldorf, Germany. With a total floor space of 1200 m², the stand was divided into three zones featuring the latest advances in foundry process technologies for iron, steel and aluminium foundries.
Specific highlights that were demonstrated to visitors included:
• Stelex ZR Ultra and Sedex Ultra high porosity framed filters delivering enhanced inclusion removal at higher flow rates in iron and steel applications
• The application of Feedex and Kalminex sleeves to Disamatic moulding lines, facilitating significant increases in casting yield
• Methoding solutions for compact graphite iron applications
• The latest advances in the Initek process for the production of ductile iron, incorporating temperature control, MSI+ DC dynamic inoculation and Itaca thermal analysis
• Coating density control in high production automotive iron foundry applications
• Solosil TX inorganic core binders for aluminium foundries
• Smartt degassing technology for the optimisation of the degassing and metal treatment of aluminium melts
• Insural insulating dosing furnace and transport ladle linings for aluminium foundries
In addition, 22 new technical papers were published to support the show, and technical presentations on Stelex Ultra advanced steel filters and Solosil TX inorganic binders were given at the Technical Forum.
You will find more details at www.foseco-at-gifa.com