Laempe & Mössner forms strategic alliance with Sinto

German family owned company Laempe & Mössner, a world leader in the field of core moulding technology and Japanese Group Sintokogio Co., Ltd (Sinto), one of the world’s largest foundry machinery manufacturing groups have announced that they have formed a strategic alliance, according to a joint statement issued at GIFA 2015.

The details of the partnership were presented to the press by Andreas Mössner and Atsushi Nagai during a press conference held at the world’s largest foundry trade fair in Dusseldorf, Germany in June 2015.

Sinto, based in Nagoya, Japan will also acquire 40 percent of shares of Laempe & Mössner, with the Mössner family remaining as the majority shareholder with 60 percent of shares. Laempe & Mössner GmbH will, in future, be operating under the name “Laempe Mössner Sinto GmbH”.


The core shooting machine LHL-series of Laempe Mössner Sinto has an extremely fast cycle time due to the heavy duty design

“We are very excited about the new partnership with Sinto since it strengthens our position in the world market and we will be able to develop our internationalisation strategy as planned. With the globally active Sinto group we achieve a direct access to many production sites worldwide, particularly in the emerging economies. In addition, we are strengthening our sales opportunities in the Japanese automotive sector significantly. Together, we strive for a durable and successful partnership that will benefit both companies,” explained Andreas Mössner, Managing Director of Laempe & Mössner.

The Sinto Group is represented in 12 countries worldwide and with around 3,800 employees, generated sales of more than EUR 700 million in 2013. Founded in 1934, the company is mainly engaged in the business areas of foundry equipment and surface treatment.

Laempe & Mössner is a developer of core shooters for the foundry industry. 300 employees work at two locations in Germany, one in Meitzendorf (Saxony- Anhalt, which is the headquarters) and the other in Schopfheim (Baden-Württemberg). With a turnover of around EUR 65 million (2013), the family owned business is one of the 100 largest companies in Saxony-Anhalt. Customers are mainly foundries in the automotive, pump and rolling-stock industries.

Besides strategic advantages, the new partnership is expected to create synergies in the areas of purchasing, sales and research and development.

“The strategic partnership is logical and brings benefits for everyone involved. In addition to the synergies, the partnership means a real added value for our customers. With the world’s leading core moulding technology from Laempe & Mössner, we complete our portfolio as a complete solution provider for foundries. We have achieved very good experiences in the past with partnerships like these and we look forward to the successful collaboration,” said Atsushi Nagai, President of Sinto.

For further details visit